What is ROUTE Package Protection?
American Duchess is proud to partner with Route, the leader in package protection and tracking solutions. Route offers:
- Package Insurance.
- Automatic Package Tracking.
- Real-Time Shipping Updates.
- + Green: Carbon Neutral Shipping.
By selecting Route+ at checkout your order will be protected from damage, loss*, or theft. In the unfortunate case that your order never arrives, you can easily file a claim with Route and be fully reimbursed.
By deselecting package protection, American Duchess is not liable for lost, stolen items, or items damaged while in transit - all claims should be filed directly with Route.
Search for answers to commonly asked questions ROUTE Help Center.
How do I report an issue and file a claim with ROUTE?
- Go to the Route Resolve Center (via the Route app or web link from your order confirmation email).
- Enter your email and order number.
- Select the items you would like to file for, as well as the order issue type:
- When selecting “report an issue” you are given four options:
- After selecting the type that best represents your situation, you will be asked to fill out more details.
- Depending on what your merchant offers, in some cases you will be asked for your resolution preference.
- At the end of the process, you will be given an order issue summary with more information on what to expect next. You can log back into this page at any time and check for more updates!
What is the timeline or deadline for reporting an issue using ROUTE?
Deadlines to report an order issue
When you purchase Route Package Protection, you can report an order issue for packages that may be lost, stolen, or damaged. Read Route Package Protection Policies.
All issues must be reported within 60 days of the order date.
Ensure you report an issue within the respective deadlines:
- Damaged: Within 15 days of when the package was marked delivered.
- Lost (domestic): Between 7* and 30 days from the last tracking update.
- Lost (international): Between 20* and 30 days from the last tracking update.
- Stolen: Between 5* and 15 days of when the package was marked delivered.
*Route requires these wait-to-file periods for stolen and lost orders as packages are sometimes delayed in transit or prematurely marked as delivered.
*Claims for packages marked "delivered" yet have not been received and where there is no evidence of “porch piracy” must be made 5 days after “delivery date” but no longer than 15 days to ensure it was not misdelivered or easily found around the premises." Claims for packages presumed to be lost (where the status is not "delivered") must be filed after 7 days (20 days for international) and within 30 days from the last checkpoint.
Do I need to purchase Route package protection?
We recommend purchasing Route Package Protection to fully protect your package in the event that it is lost, damaged, or stolen. However, Route is optional for any American Duchess order. You do not need to purchase Route Package Protection for your order, if you do not want to. By deselecting package protection, American Duchess is not liable for lost, stolen items, or items damaged while in transit - all claims should be filed directly with Route.
What is Carbon neutral Shipping?
Route is covering the cost to neutralize shipping emissions when you add "Green Package Protection" at checkout. "Green Package Protection" Shipping includes package protection at the same cost as before, with the additional benefit that your shipment is carbon neutral. By adding Green Package Protection to your cart, you're automatically taking instant climate action – no donation required.